Wednesday 11 February 2009

Looking ahead....

... On a day when I have been facing up to future reality by buying clerical shirts I am grateful to ASBO Jesus for once again articulating, better then I ever could, the stuff that's swirling about in my mind....

I sooooo hate labels, and yet when I stood looking in the mirror this morning dressed in a very formal black clerical shirt complete with plastic dog collar insert I couldn't help but feel that I have just put on the biggest label of my life. Free with purchase comes a whole heap of expectations, assumptions and pre-conceptions none of which I think will remotely fit me. At the moment, how I managed to stay Jane in amongst the craziness is something weighing heavy on my mind... after all experience dictates that the system will change me much more then I have any chance of changing it.....

Still I had one moment of me-ness, in the shape of a black fleece hoodie with a dark red lining which has an inbuilt clerical collar - much more my style of dress.... but oh the temptation to go to one of the shopping centres where they have banned hoodie’s whilst wearing it and see if they dare throw me out..... but then that wouldn't be a very Christian thing to do... would it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But why would a fleece have a clerical collar... surely its the garment underneath that needs it....?

vicarofdidley said...

i look forward to seeing you on the news.....