Monday 12 November 2007

Celebrations

Its been a weekend of celebrations and congratulations here in the community

First up was S from our staircase who celebrated two years of hard work by attending his BTh graduation ceremony on Saturday. He looked very spiffing in white tie and fur trimmed robes and I was a little jealous that ARU have nothing so posh – well that was until I read the regulations for the ceremony he posted on his blog – bizarre doesn’t even begin to cover it!

Second up was the wonderful news that one of the ordinands S, has become engaged to the lovely J. I was just about to go to bed on Saturday night when I heard an absolute racket outside my window. The sound of popping corks led me to go down and investigate where we heard the good news from the couple who had just come back to college after a celebration dinner. Once again I felt so blessed to be a part of this community. There was such a sense of genuinely shared joy, as more and more people came out to celebrate in the freezing cold. The champagne glasses were passed around, the chapel bell ended up being rung and the wedding march was heartily played on the chapel organ (apologies to all local residents for the lateness of the hour!). I do think the two people doing handstands in the organ loft may have been taking the celebrations a little far though…

No comments: