Thursday 22 November 2007

quirky...

I was browsing photo sites on the web and came across this photo...

Something about it really appealed to me. I think it’s the sheer quirkiness of it, it looks so innocuous and yet when you really look at it and read it its bizarrely strange.
Also in the bizarrely strange category I also came across a wonderful series of photographs at by Julia Fullerton-Batten
here

She has created some startling images by placing young models against a backdrop of miniature villages. The oddness of relationship between the people and the buildings is really accentuated when the relative sizes are reversed. I think its definitely worth a look.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I recognised the top one as being from Scotland because of the style of the flats (I'm in a similar block, although mine is redder which is reassuring, at least I know it's not my street!!) before I read the message. Very weird indeed. I wonder if the results will end up on the internet (it wouldn't surprise me!).